Monday, June 14, 2010

Homemade Lemon Curd




I have lots and lots of left over lemons from this past weekends family reunion so I decided to make some lemony treats.(my personal Favorite!!!) So one of my baking project firsts is Lemon Curd. I made a white cake and will be filling it with lemon curd. I must admit I was alittle intimidated by the idea of making homemade lemon curd because I had no idea what it would entail. But to my surprise it couldnt have been easier!!! Here is the recipe:


Ingredients:
1 cup sugar
1 cup lemon juice
3 Tbsp. butter
3 eggs

Preparation: Combine sugar and lemon juice in heavy medium saucepan. Stir in butter and eggs and beat well. Cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens. Pour into a one pint container and cover tightly. Refrigerate up to 2 months. Use as a spread on muffins or bread, or as a filling in cakes.
The flavor is amazing and with cans of filling costing over 4.00 this is a nice, easy and less expensive alternative.








No comments:

Post a Comment